Super Summer is having an informational meeting tomorrow, Tuesday, Feb 16 @ 6:30 pm to provide information regarding Spring Mountain Ranch State Park and the NV State budget cuts that could impact and even close the park and Super Summer Theatre. Please come.
It will be at Roundy Elementary School in the multi-purpose room. 2755 Mohawk St · Las Vegas 89146 (Lindell & W Sahara)
You can also help by passing this on and contacting your Representatives. Let them know how important the ranch is to our community and us. Let them know that Super Summer brings in over 36,000 people to the park each summer, we are a non-profit organization working with and for the community. If you don't know what district you are in you can go to "votesmart.org" and put in your zipcode.
Pipers very long hair has always been a pride and joy to me. I never had the patience to grow it out when I was a kid, but wished I did. I had long hair not to long ago and am probably growing my own hair out again.
Last year, Piper's school was doing a haircut drive for Locks of Love. Well, her hair wasn't quite long enough then to cut it and still have something left. It has gotten very long since then and I decided it was time for a trim. Piper had really wanted to cut her hair that first time, but we kinda scared her out of it. I asked her if she wanted to cut it all off so she could donate it now. She thought it over for a while and decided she would like to cut if off so she could donate it. So, here's how long it earlier tonight...
There is a part of me that's really sad....BUT, it's all washed away with the thought of helping children who just want to feel pretty and normal. I'm sure they are going to love getting Piper's thick, beautiful blonde hair. And then she can grow it out and we can do it again!
Can you say costume-a-thon? Of course not. And why would you. It's stupid. But, my life in October.
From L-R Top: Snoopy, Ariel, Snow White, Scooby Doo
Bottom - Little Bo Peep, Belle, Victorian Vampire and Rockstar
10 Santa Jackets aka stretch velvet hoodies with ostrich boa around the hoods and cuffs. Very not fun. Also rehearsed for my Top Secret Canadian Project, which was niether top nor secret but most definitely Canadian....well, for Canadian audiences....
Also did a benefit performance for a friend. Sang Dolly Parton. Dug the costume but not the wig.
Had my first party booking...and second! Also played Belle in a parade in Boulder City....Froze my buns off, but it was fun.
Then, ventured to the great white north to star, well, supporting star in HOLIDAY EXTRAVAGANZA with my friends Kellie and Tai and my new friend, Kevin. We had a blast! Survived snow and -43 degree weather. Went to the worlds largest mall....twice! But may I just say that I truly enjoy being flown out of town (or the country), staying in a private hotel room, having meals comped and being PAID to SING. It's really, really wonderful and I'm grateful for the opportunity. And Steve is just the best - never complains for a moment and takes great care of the kids.
Here I am, with Kellie, Kevin and Tai, in my really "lovely" beaded gown.
The photo in my current blog header is my other costume in the show.
Looking forward to a nice, quiet Christmas before the chaos of next year starts...which will actually begin on December 26th. I'll try to check in a little more often....or just follow me on Facebook under Sandra Stimmel Huntsman.
This past weekend was the North Stake's Annual Pioneer Days. It's quite an event - attracting thousands of people. I go for the corn. And the talent show.
The babies...waiting for fireworks.
The hubs, Lee & Sheree, also waiting for the fireworks.
Lola with her favorite cousin, Abbie!
Chloe, waiting for the Talent show.
Piper - the BIRTHDAY GIRL! In her lovely, Sleeping Beauty Esque dress.
What a cute trio, ready to perform!
And - here we are. Unfortunately, the sound system was pretty poor and Steve didn't realize the camera could zoom until I was performing. I wish it were the other way around!! The girls did such a great job - it was Piper's first time on stage.
Stolen from Valinda. Needed a break from costumes.
1. Your ex is on the side of the road, on fire. What do you do? Pull over and help! Haven't seen him in 0ver 11 years.
2. Your best friend tells you she is pregnant. What is your reaction? Depends on the friend (I don't have one friend I consider my best friend except my husband - in which case I'd be truly shocked.)
3. When is the last time you wanted to punch someone in the face? Monday Evening
4. What is the last thing you spent money on? TP, Underwear for Ryder, Snacks and a T-shirt for me (on sale) at Target
5. Do you think you gained or lost weight this past month? Probably gained. :(
6. Crunchy or Puffy Cheetos? Puffy
8. Congratulations! You just had a son. What's his name? Ryder Owen, but it was 3.5 years ago
9. Congratulations! You just had a daughter. What's her name? Lola Belle, but it was 2 years ago
10. What are you craving right now? Stability
11. What was the last thing you cried about? Frustration
12. When you buy something and your change is 2 cents, do you keep it or tell the cashier to keep it? Put it in my cup in the car
13. What color is your tissue box? Don't have one, TP is fine for me
14. Do you have a ceiling fan in your bedroom, and if so, is there dust on that fan? No, so no
15. What was the last voicemail you received about? Enrichment tomorrow
16. Have you ever blocked someone on Facebook? Yes. People who can't express themselves without using explatives are GONE!
17. Scariest thing you've experienced in the last year? Blow Me Bubbles
18. Do you wear a name tag at work? Not since I was first married
19. What kind of car do you want? Practical - Nissan Quest, Dream car - Fiat Spider
20. What do you order when you go to Taco Bell? Beef Baja Chalupa if I don't care, Chicken Ranchero Taco Fresco Style if I do
21. Have you ever had a garage sale? Yes. Good times.
22. What color is your iPod? White. It's old school.
23. What is the last alcoholic beverage you had? A Virgin Daqueri
24. Are you happy right now? Mood - not particularly, no.
25. Who came over to your house last? Sheree! She brough cute clothes for my kiddos.
26. Do you drink beer? No.
27. Have your brothers or sisters ever told you that you were adopted? No, but I've told them.
28. What is your favorite key on your key chain? One that's not there yet.
29. What was the last movie you watched at home? First half of Atonement.
30. What is in your pocket? Nothing
31. Who introduced you to your significant other? Theatre
32. Where do you hurt? My arm is sore from grommeting again.
33. Has someone ever made you a build a bear? No, certainly not.
34. What's something fun you did today? Bought myself a t-shirt in a color I really liked.
35. What is your favorite aisle at Wal-Mart? Electronics. I like to drool.
36. When is your birthday? May 4
37. Is there anything hanging from your rear view mirror? No
38. How many states in the US have you been to? Hmm..I don't know, though I've driven across country twice in my life. I'm gonna say 25-30.
39. What kind of milk do you drink? Fat Free (usually mixed into something)
40. What are you going to do after this? Pattern Papa Ge's coat
41. Who was the last person you went shopping with? Me, myself and I
42. What is something you need to go shopping for? Need? Snacks for our trip this weekend. Want...Macbook.
43. Do you have the same first name as one of your relatives? Nope
44. What kind of cars do your parents drive? 2 Honda's, I think
45. Are you rich? Nope
46. What color is your couch? Define your
48. What famous person do you look like? Well, I got asked it I was a Katie Holmes impersonator the other day, I think it was just the hair. And the fact that I was on stilts.
49. Does someone like you right now? No one around here.
50. Say you were given a pregnancy test right now. Would you pass or fail? The result would be negative - it's not a pass/fail kinda test. And I would be happy that it's negative.
51. Favorite pop-tart flavor? S'mores
52. Do you know anyone in jail/prison? Not personally.
53. What are your plans for the weekend? Family Reunion in the boonies
54. Do you like the color green? Yes! But not forrest. HATE forrest green.
55. Who was the last person you sent an instant message to? Erik
56. Last restaurant you went to? Canes. Mmmmm.
57. How many hours did you sleep for last night? 6 ish
58. Do you swear at your parents? Nah.
59. Do you think someone is thinking about you right now? Probably not, and that's fine.
60. Have you ever changed your clothes while in a vehicle? Quite frequently in my princess days.
61. What is your ringtone? The horn part in "You're Just Too Good To be True" by the 4 Seasons just before "I love you baby". When it rings and I'm in a crowded room, everyone always starts singing. It's fun.
62. What were you doing at midnight last night? Video Editing