Thursday, January 22, 2009

What an unexpected surprise!

Well, as you all know if you paid attention to my last blog, I am working on costumes for the theatre company's production of Thoroughly Modern Millie. Well, I had considered auditioning because there is a part in the show that would be great for me, but I decided against it for a lot of different reasons.

I'll spare you the boring details and cut right to the chase! I'm playing the role of Miss Dorothy Brown in the show! I'm excited because it will be a ton of fun! I will still be working on the costumes. But it's about dang time! I feel really blessed that it has all worked out - I'm excited to work with some of my favorite people.

Here's a rendering one of my costumes. I play a wealthy ingenue who comes to New York to experience the lower class side of life - seeking experiences and romance. I have a couple of great numbers and some fun stage business. It's coolness and I'm excited for the adventure.

1 comment:

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

ohhh i know how much fun that is for you and i'm so excited about it for ya!!