Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Piper's Birthday Party

Piper had a birthday party on Saturday. She will be turning 6 this coming Friday. She wanted Sleeping Beauty to come, so I worked my sewing fingers to the bone and turned one out. I tried it in all gold. It needs some adjustments, but I think it's alright! She had a bunch of friends and they had a great time. Here's a few photos. I have to admit I chose the ones that were most flattering of myself. That last 10 pounds is killing me this time around.








So, tonight we're coming home from rehearsal and we stop to get gas. This drunk guy comes up to Steve's side of the car as he opens the door. He practically gets inside the car to try to talk to Steve. After he was told to back up and get away, this is what he says. "My girlfriend, my baby's mama, is an alcoholic...like me, like all of us. Anyway, she tells me, she makin me go out and get some money to get her a beer. So, do you have a dollar so I can get her a beer?" I won't tell you what Steve responded, it wasn't polite. But can you believe the ridiculousness? The nerve. My car still smells like his drunken mess. Ugh. This is why there should be a test to become parents. Some drunken dad out at midnight begging for a dollar to buy a beer for his drunken girlfriend, mother of his child.

4 comments:

Valinda said...

okay I'll be there tonight you gotta tell me what he said!

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

you look loverly...and kora saw these pics and asked if she could go to your princess party.

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

YAY!! You win. And yes, I know that was easy, Kora is a Phantom PRO and would have gotten it in an instant too.

I need your home address...email me with it!

jesslynlowe@yahoo.com

The Winkel Family said...

Okay...so I REALLY wish I'd been there to see Steve spew. LOL! I love it. You'll need to tell me what he said tomorrow.

You look darling in those picts! :)