Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Summer Fun!

First off, here's Ryder playing dress up.


Here we have Ryder as the Pharaoh of Egypt (from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.) It wasn't ever used in the show, but it's dang cool.


And now - Pirate Ryder! These were scraps from Peter Pan. And Grandpa's 3 sided ruler was his sword. Too Cute!
I do swear I like my other kids, too. Ryder just seems to be the one with the most photo opportunities lately.
Next we have photos of our summer swim today. Well, the kids. I didn't go. There is a small fountain/pond in the backyard. Absolutely perfect on a hot summer day like today. We also have a visitor right now. My nephew Cody is in town for a few weeks. His mom is pregnant with her number 4 and Cody, along with his brother Parker, both have Autism. His mom was worried that he was getting bored with not having school and she has a lot on her plate keeping his brother entertained along with taking care of their little sister who is Ryder's age and being pregnant, so he came to stay here for a while. He's awesome! I love having him around. He may be picky about what he eats and has some minor quirks, but he says the best things! He's always correcting me - like when I accidently cut his sandwich in half and he had requested triangles. I said that I had cut it in squares, would that be ok. He took one look at it and said "Actually, those are rectangles." And then when he went to try the sunchips we had with dinner, he asked if they were too too hot like the sunshine. The girls are having a blast playing with him - it's nice for Ryder to have another boy around as well.


That's Cody!

Ryder, Cody, Chloe and Piper, showing off for the camera.


Cody and my scrawny girl, Chloe.


Once again, Ryder, Piper, Cody and Chloe's bum.

Ryder! He mostly just splashes around, jumps up and down and sings.

Cody under the waterfall.

Piper and Cody going to explore.

It's hard to believe that June is over already. 1/3 of our summer gone! It seems like it just started. I do enjoy the laid back atmosphere of the summer. Hope you are enjoying yours!

No comments: