Monday, June 30, 2008

A pleasant surprise in my inbox.

Well, I should start off by saying that it started out a lovely day. I woke up early, worked on the photo book I am designing for the director of Beauty and the Beast (I'll post some pages of it sometime) and worked on the mountains of laundry I have piled up. I even cleaned the bathroom. This is a sign of me having a very good day.


Then I got the first e-mail. It made me sad. I don't understand why some people feel the need to say really mean and awful things sometimes. I think this person thought that they were trying to do good, but it made me feel horrible. REALLY horrible. Anyway, no more details, I'm dealing with it the best I can.


Then I got the second e-mail. It made me smile. We had a photoshoot for AIDA on Saturday and the kids were there running around. Of course they wanted their photos taken, too, but I didn't realize that any had actually been taken. That's when these showed up in my mail box.




These are so gorgeous to me! I love them because this is how I see my kids everyday. Not dressed up and coiffed, just in their play clothes and hair fresh from swimming. Thanks, Angela. You put sunlight back in my cloudy day.



I will post a picture of the actual photo shoot another day. I'm feeling too blue about the fact that I'm not in the photos to look at them today. I'll just enjoy my kids instead.



Speaking of whom, I just looked up, and there's Lola, climbing all over Ryder in his chair as he watches a "show." (Monsters, Inc.) I love that he calls movies shows.


Silly children!

3 comments:

The Winkel Family said...

WHO SENT YOU A NASTY EMAIL!?!?? I'm gonna go beat 'em up. Seriously. What on earth? So sorry someone felt the need to be nasty. :( Grrr.

That is a darling pict of the two babies in the bouncer. :) I love your family! :) K...I need to come over this week!

The Winkel Family said...

Oh ya...btw, the kids look GORGEOUS in their picts! Such beautiful children....

Valinda said...

Well your day started and ended well, can you just edit the middle? I love the pictures of the kids! They turned out so super cute, it makes me wish I had drug my kids along, just a little bit.