Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I guess I'm just a boring person!

Well, my friend Jessica keeps chastising me (this time indirectly) for not blogging enough. But I really can't think of a lot to blog about all the time! But I'll try! So, here's what happened since my last blog.

Saturday - Went out to the Ranch (where Beauty and the Beast is performed.) My sister in law Cynthia watched Ryder and Chloe and Piper and Lola came with me. It was kind of a long night because I had to fix wigs before the show and then after, because they had a Sunday show and I was not going because of my brother in laws graduation. I usually spend 45 minutes to an hour working on wigs for every show. And we sat too far back from the stage to get good photos. But it was an enjoyable evening all the same.

Sunday - I wasn't feeling well and Lola was struggling with teething issues, so I had to duck out of church for a while. That night, Steve had a show so he went with our fantastic carpool friend, Shannon, while I took the kids to Daniel's seminary graduation. He was only 9 when I met him, so it's really weird that he's graduating from high school and all that. Makes me feel old. But I didn't get to see much of the meeting because it's nearly impossible to contain both Ryder and Lola singlehandedly. We lasted about 5 minutes before I took them both out. I came back in just in time to hear Daniels name called. We didn't even spend much time at the dessert tables. I just wanted to get out of there! It had been a really rough night. It never ceases to amaze me how tough it is to do just about anything with the two babies. 19 months apart is not enough! I can't imagine how people do it who have kids closer in age. I just don't have enough hands for both of them. I really can't do anything with all 4 kids by myself. When Steve is there, it's fine. One baby each.



Later that night, my parents called to see about having the girls (Chloe & Piper) come to visit a few weeks this summer. They are really excited to go! They also told me that they'd like to invest in my business to get things going again! I have one costume about 75% done - thanks to Valinda, and I am going to work really hard to get a few more done asap. I need to be a princess again!!!

Monday - So, Monday evening, we had a party for Daniel's graduation and the whole family came over, which is ALWAYS fun! I am really lucky to have such great in-laws. Steve and I had to leave early, though, to go to the AIDA cast meeting. My in-laws were generous enough to let Chloe, Piper and Ryder stay. Lola came with us, though she didn't have too much fun. I have to admit, it was a little hard to be there and not be part of the cast. I will always be disappointed that I didn't get cast, but no matter how much I wish I could have done it, I get the feeling it just wasn't meant to be. But, I do have a great opportunity that I'll tell you about later. It was a great meeting, though. The cast all seem to have great attitudes and there was an amazing energy there. I am grateful to be a part of the show in any way! (I'm Steve's assistant and designing Hair/Makeup)

I also finished a logo for a business I'm doing a website for. Most of the credit goes to my friend Erik Ball - he played Capt. Hook in Steve's production of Peter Pan and he is also currently playing Gaston) but I'm really happy with how it turned out. Erik did the actual artwork, based on an image I found for him. He's also working on a new logo for me for my princess business! It is going to be SO freaking amazing! And, because of Erik, I'm figuring out how to use Adobe Illustrator! I've had it for a while and I'm loving it now! Some really cool things I can do.

See how cute! http://www.bestlittlebabyshop.com/ (coming soon)


Oh, and I finally published my temporary website for Artistic Expressions. It will do, for now. http://www.artistic-expressionsonline.com/ Let me know if you need any invitations, announcements or business type stuff designed!

Tuesday - Valinda is leaving next week for Idaho and then her girls go back to school, so we went over to hang out. And she had to introduce me to Wii. I officially want one - with a Wii fit, so if anyone out there is feeling generous, please don't hesitate to pour your generosity on me. We also chatted, the kids played, Ryder got locked in the garage. Good times! (I don't know how long he was in there, but it was a while. He quickly recovered with a little Wii therapy, though. Chloe was not so lucky, racked with incredible guilt because she promised he was outside playing. A lesson was learned by all.)

Today (Wednesday)

Well, let's see. Today I set up a website for Steve for the AIDA cast. And, in the middle of it, I remembered that I have 4 wigs to majorly re-style for the show (Beauty and the Beast) tonight. So, I frantically styled them and then finished up the website. No, you can't see it, it's an informational kinda site with a log in and stuff. But, it's cool! I was supposed to go to Daniel's Commencement Ceremony tonight, but Steve got home late and I was out of formula for Lola and it just wasn't going to happen to get to the store and then the Orleans arena by myself in time for anything. But I'm proud of him! He's such a good kid, well, adult. I'm excited for him to go on a mission. No one in my immediate family has done that and I've just always wanted to be a supportive sister! I know how much Steve's mission meant for him.



OH YEAH! I forgot to share my Desert Tortoise story! Two saturdays ago, I was heading out the the Ranch with Chloe and Piper for Steve's all day rehearsal. As I was driving there, I saw something and just as I passed over it, I realized it was a little desert tortoise in the middle of the road! It was destined for certain doom, so I made a U turn and went back to save it, helping it across the road to a safety. So, here's a photo of the cute little guy. The girls had a blast showing everyone in the cast the picture of the cute littly guy (or gal) on my phone. They were such hero's for the day.

Well whadduya know! I guess I'm not so terribly boring afterall.

So, this was Ryder tonight when daddy got home. See what he does when he sees the camera? Too cute!

2 comments:

LeeZ and WeeZ said...

I LOVE IT! Such a funny kid! :)

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

YOU ARE SO BORING!!! j/k!!

Hey you can call me anytime to talk princess stuff. i'll send you my phone number in that email!