Monday, July 28, 2008

A List O'Stuff

1. The girls are gone! They are visiting my parents in California for a week. They left last Thursday - flew on a plane all by themselves. While both of them have flown before, they were babies at the time and don't remember. It was quite the experience! And, of course, the gourmet Burger King which was $12 for a hamburger, chicken nuggets and 2 drinks. Seriously, now!

The were all smiles as we watched planes out the window.

It was kind of sudden, though, when the boarding agent came over to get them and pre-board them on the flight. Piper started to tear up a little - she was nervous, but Chloe put her arm around her as she walked down to the plain.


So grown up!

I had to wait until the plane was in the air to leave - and it was delayed! We waited for another flight for 45 minutes so people could make their connections. I felt bad that they had to sit there that long before take off. Then I thought about how charming and personable they are, and figured they had the flight attendants wrapped around their little fingers! The called me when they got to the Oakland Airport and they were all giggles. In fact, everytime they call, they sound like they are having a blast. Sounds like they are getting pretty spoiled, but I'm glad. They deserve it.

2. Rehearsals - Well, this is my week as understudy. I have been in rehearsal since Thursday, and I also rehearse tonight, tomorrow and Wednesday. I ran through the whole show on Saturday and it was SOOOO fun! A really good friend of mine who has never seen me perform paid me the kindest compliments - he said I really blew him away! So I am really excited for August 20th - that's my show!!

3. Lola is a walking fool! She walks all the time! She still crawls if she has to go great distances, but she walks a little further each day.

4. Ryder is a talking fool! Nothing is off limits! He's adopted the strange habit of calling his daddy "Steve!" Today, he said "Steve is crazy!" He's just full of the funniest things ever and he's so sweet. I'm enjoying having a little extra energy and attention to devote to the babies. I'm working on getting a really good video of his "Fantasmic!" performance - he knows the whole thing and asks me to play it all the time so he can act it out. He plays Mickey and the Monkeys. It's seriously the cutest thing I've ever seen!

5. Sorry if I won't be posting a lot, Aida opens in 2 1/2 weeks and there is SO MUCH TO DO still. I have to do a whole bunch of costume pieces and the wigs still, and try to keep the director and the production organized as well as focus on my role. Seriously, it will be INSANITY around here for a while, so forgive me if I'm just not around. I will have someone take some photos and maybe video of my rehearsals just for fun!


1 comment:

Sheree Flick Photography said...

That has to be one of the sweetest pictures ever! Awww.... I probably would have cried!