Tuesday, September 30, 2008

How The Other Half Lives

"How The Other Half Live" from Thoroughly Modern Millie

This week, my days go like this:

Try to wake up at 7:45 am to get ready BEFORE waking the girls up.

Wake up at 8:20 am just in time to get the girls up

Walk the girls to school at 8:40 am (we have a really quick morning routine!)

Leave for work around 9:00 am

Stop at a convenience store for food (finally went grocery shopping tonight so that's out)

Work, including lunch break

Leave work around 3:00 pm

Come home, make dinner, take care of kids, deal with stuff, help with homework, work on computer stuff, laundry, etc.

Steve leaves for rehearsal at 7:00 pm

Chloe and Piper in bed at 9:30 pm (At least I try)

Steve gets home from rehearsal at 11pm or so.

Try to spend some time with the husband but wanting desperately to go to bed.

Try to go to bed by midnight, but no such luck

Last night I was in bed at like 12:45 am. But could I sleep. Of course not, my mind was crazy and Lola wouldn't sleep. I think she fell asleep around 2am, was restless and woke up screaming at 4 am. She has had runny diapers and fever and a really sore bum. Poor thing.

Anyway, it's an interesting role reversal considering Steve is taking care of the kids during the day and working at the same time which is feasible for him right now. Which means I can't really assign to many other mommy duties to him like taking the kids to school and laundry and stuff. But that's ok. I'm enjoying working and I wouldn't mind the mommy duties except that I have show duties - wigs and some stupid puppet performer costumes I have to make (think fancy pajamas. 6 of them. Not creative AT ALL!) so I plan on being tired for a while.

It's always interesting to see what hills and valleys this rollercoaster of life I'm riding takes me to next. I am really enjoying 6 hours a day of just worrying about me and the task at hand and I'm learning a lot. Today I worked more on the T-Pain project. Word! Actually, the next two days I'm pulling full days so we can get this stuff done! I got to sew on industrial machines today. Really nice! They take a little getting used to, but I'm a really fast learner. :)

Ok. More stuff to do and maybe in bed by midnight. PLEASE!

No comments: