Thursday, September 25, 2008

Workin' 9 to 5

*9 to 5 The Musical

So, I got a job, or actually a job got me! Phil, the director of Beauty and the Beast told me that he gave my name to some costume companies looking for help. I wasn't sure how I felt about that because I think my sewing skills leave something to be desired, but I was flattered none the less.

This afternoon, Jan, a lady I know from Imagination Costume, called to see if I could come work for them for a little while. I talked it over with Steve, and I will go in for 5 hours a day starting tomorrow for the next week or two. Not a lot, I know, but it will be some extra dough for me and it's been a while since I've made money. And hopefully I can observe and learn some new skills! So, I'll be packing my lunch tomorrow and off I go!

Oh, and just an FYI, I'm going to title all of my blogs with songs or quotes from musicals. Just for fun!

3 comments:

Valinda said...

I can't wait to see how you get creative with the titles that will be good! Hey when you learn cool tricks be sure to pass them on to me!

LeeZ and WeeZ said...

Congratulations!

The Winkel Family said...

WOW! Lady! That's so cool! You're perfect for any costume shop, what are you talking about!? You rock! :) That is very very cool. Let me know how your first day goes! :D I'm so glad you get to get out of the house and do something for YOU! :D XOXOXOXO