Saturday, September 27, 2008

Under the Sea

*"Under the Sea" from Disney's The Little Mermaid

Under a sea of fabric, that is! My first day on the job I had 2 projects. The first was to color in some glove hand prop things - I colored black marker over where the foam stuff leaked through on some of the gloves. Yeah, weird.

Then I went over to the ancient merrowing machine - an industrial sewing machine that's sole purpose is to do a rolled hem. By the machine was a hugs pile of fabric strips.
And I was to edge them all with a rolled hem.
I admit, I spent a good portion of the day learning to re-thread the dang machine, but at least now I have that figured out and I did get a lot done. It's for a halloween costume for some billionaire couple down in San Diego. I don't think the shop does a lot of private costumes like that, but this is going to be amazing! It's a mermaid/merman couple. Anyway, very cool. Very boring, but my iPod kept me going and it was really nice to focus on a project and get it done without a million interruptions. Steve held down the fort just fine at home, though I did give him a nap when I got home. It was good and fun and I'm glad for the opportunity!
I am tired, though. I stayed up WAY too late last night watching Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy (recorded). I especially love my Ugly Betty. I'm glad Betty didn't pick either guy! That was great. I'm looking forward to Desperate Housewives on Sunday - it looks like they're picking up 5 years into the future where they left off last time. It's like Desperate Housewives got crossed with Lost. Oh, Lost! February! Far too long to wait. But Pushing Daisy's is on next Wednesday. YAY! Those are my shows. I do like Dancing With The Stars, but it was too much to watch this week. I'm glad to see Lacey Schwimmer on there - I loved her on So You Think You Can Dance. Good for her! Steve is still into Survivor, but I'm kinda over it.
'Night ya'all!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

that dang machine... ;)

if you ever have problems threading it again please let us know. i've published some threading videos for the Merrow MG-3Q-3 and MG-3DW-2.

http://merrow.com/videoHD.html

It sounds like you might have a MG-2DNR-1... in any case I hope it runs well and if there is anything we can do to help let us know

best regards,
the folks from Merrow