Friday, December 26, 2008

A Very Merry Christmas

Ok - first of all, to see how the Huntsman family celebrates Christmas every year, please visit my sister in law Sheree's blog - she do exactly what I was going to do, so read it!



http://leeandsheree.blogspot.com/2008/12/yes-we-play-with-beans.html



So, I asked my friend Kari to sing with me on Christmas. Kari played Belle in Steve's production of Beauty and the Beast and she is just about the nicest person you will ever meet! Here's a photo of us practicing. And how brave I am - no makeup!!!


Smile, Baby!

As usual this year, I had grand plans for making Christmas dresses for the girls and a vest for Ryder. I even bought fabric. Then a week before Christmas, my friend Terrence calls to see if I can do some work on a show he's opening real quick like. Ok, I say, because of course - I like money. So instead of making them new dresses, I made 3 aprons, 2 smocks and a handful of alterations. So, the girls got to go shopping. These are what they picked out - I offered them frilly gowns, but these are what they wanted. I think they are classy!


Chloe, my elegant sophisticate. I like that her hair is getting longer.


Ryder didn't want to be left out in his studly vest! The hat he got from Nursery at church. He was excited for a new "Peter Pan" hat.



I especially like Pipers...she has a real eye for fashion!



Lola was sleeping so she missed out on the fun, but what a cute group!


Monday was our Huntsman family christmas dinner and gift exchange. Some years we have a dinner theme, but this year we just went traditional. It was good! The gifts were great and the candybar Bingo was a highlight as usual. Next year, though, we are going to have a kids round and then an adult round...it's hard to steal candy from kids!



Tuesday night was my hubby's birthday. Yup - he even came home from the hospital on Christmas day in a huge stocking that his mom still has. I got him some drawing stuff and we ate at our favorite restaurant - Red Robin, finsihed up some Christmas shopping and had some yummy Starbucks. Against his will, I got him some drawing tools for his birthday. So, it was stuff he needed and he was grateful. I love my hubby!!!!
For Christmas Eve we went over to my sister Ilona's house for dinner (Stimmel family Chimichangas) and gifts! Here are the cousins!



Chloe, Lola, Lucas, Ryder, Piper and Ava! The cousins have a blast when they get together.


Which leads us to Christmas morning. We were up pretty late that night and the kids were a little crazy, so imagine my chagrin when Chloe came to wake us up at 7am. Yikes! We left Lola asleep because she had been up really late due to a late nap. Here's a photo of the kids' spread.


Yup, Santa brought the girls their very own computer...ok, it was our old one, Santa just brought some new games and it will go in thier room. Ryder also got his own Laptop, they all got plenty of toys and clothes and giftcards.



"Our OWN computer!"


Yay! Unwrapping presents is fun.


Steve and I decided to forgoe exchanging gifts this year because of our special vacation we just took - that's all I needed, although he did get me some fabulous pajamas and I got him a digital voice recorder for when he directs shows.

What a wonderful Christmas!!!! I hope all of my blog readers (yup - all 3 of you) had yourselves a wonderful Christmas as well!

3 comments:

Valinda said...

Wow a computer my kids will be jealous! You are having way too much fun with your blog background, it looks great! I should come over and we should have fun with my website!

Sheree Flick Photography said...

Love the new blog background!!!!!

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

the dresses are SO cute! i love ryders hat!