Saturday, November 1, 2008

Masquerade

"Masquerade" from Phantom of the Opera

Yay! It's Halloween and I've finally found my inner costumer. With a lot of help from Steve - my painter/embellisher/distresser extraordinaire (and totally hot to boot), the kiddo's had some rockin halloween costumes!!!!!

First up - Chloe
She was an "evil mermaid" ala the mermaids in the production of Peter Pan that Steve directed.



This is the best photo I have on hand - Chloe is a bit more glamourous, though! And except for the turtleneck which was purchased, all of the fabric was scraps from the Peter Pan mermaids and some scraps from the costume shop. She also had gloves, but they weren't dry in time for the photos.








Then we have Piper! She is Emily, the Corpse Bride - I think we did a bang up job with the costume. The hair is hers, sprayed blue.

I especially love her "I'm Dead" look on her face. She was very frustrated that no one knew who she was. Doesn't everyone love the Corpse Bride? It is quite a fantastic movie!!

And finally, Ryder (sorry, I didn't get any pictures of Lola - she wore a little dress up costume. Mommy just ran out of time for the poor girl!) Here we have the dashing, debonaire - Peter Pan!


He absolutely loved his "Pika Pan" costume as he called it - kept asking if he could fly. He kept the hat on all night, said "Trick or Treat" and "Thank You" and "Happy Halloween" all night. He is growing up SO much!!!!

We went Trick or Treating with my Sister Ilona's house with her adorable kiddos Ava and Lucas. Then we had chili! Yum! It was a fun night.

As soon as my sister and sister in law send me photos, I'll post pics of the other 2 costumes I made - a Sleeping Beauty and a very elaborate Snow White. :)

Hope you all had a wonderful Halloween.