Sunday, November 16, 2008

:(

What a sad week it has been.

First of all, last weekend, my mother in law had been visiting in Provo for the fairwell of her nephew. He was to enter the MTC on Wednesday and on Tuesday when my mother in law was getting ready to leave, my brother in law, Jon, called because he had witnessed a terrible accident and was trying to help the young lady who had been cut off by another car and she swerved into a semi truck. She was in really bad shape and he spent the rest of the day trying to find out how she was doing. But the accident shut down the freeway, so my mother in law waited a while to leave.


She made it home for mutual that night, where her brother came to find her to tell her that the girl who had been in the accident was actually her nephew's girlfriend and that she was brain dead! So the girl was the girlfriend of my husband's cousin who had literally just said goodbye to her for the last time before leaving on his mission. She had planned on putting in her papers in a few months so they could return together.



How sad! How tragic! The did push back his MTC date by a month, but can you imagine? I feel so bad for everyone on that side of the family for what they are going through.



I have also been very uncomfortable about the backlash towards the Mormon church regarding the Proposition 8 passing in California. I commend the people of Las Vegas for taking their protest to the courthouse - where it belongs. 'nough said.



In brighter news, only one week of Beauty and the Beast left to go...I finally go to watch the whole show last night. It was fantastic! I had never seen the second act because I'm usually doing quick changes with Belle and the Enchantress. But, last night I took the risk and let them do it on their own. Only one crooked wig. It was worth it! I cried 3 times in the second act. It is a great show and I'm proud to be a part of it. I am excited for it to be done, though. It's been a long haul and I have so many plans for when it's "done" - potty train Ryder, do my princess costumes, do a holiday concert. Oh, and the holidays. But it will be the first time since March that Steve will be home every night. He's actually only been home a small handful of nights in the last nearly 8 months (aside from Sundays). So I am excited to feel like a normal family again.



So - there ya have it! And one more family photo for ya!

1 comment:

Valinda said...

That is so terrible! I hope your MIL's family is going to be okay soon, that poor guy. On the lighter side has your family EVER been a normal family? ;)